10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Feet | Fort Worth Podiatry
How to get rid of dead skin on feet?There is a big chance that you have acquired dead skin on your feet because of various reasons but the number one reason for this is because of the lack of moisture on your feet. Of course there are still other reasons why you may have acquired dead skin on your feet such as the following:
Causes of Dead Skin on Your Feet
- Standing for long hours – When you constantly put pressure on your feet, there is a big chance that you will acquire more dead skin on your feet than usual.
- Harsh Soaps – Some soap products may contain chemicals that are bad for your feet. As a result, you will acquire more dead skin cells.
- Being Overweight – When your feet would have to carry more weight than it should, this can cause the acquisition of more dead skin.
- Improper Footwear – There will be instances when people tend not to wear the right footwear or for women, wearing high heels all the time can let them acquire more dead skin on their feet.
- Medical Conditions – Some medical conditions may cause the skin on the feet to become drier than usual.
There are always a lot of known ways on how you can get rid of the dry skin on your feet but if in case you would like to keep things natural; you may consider the natural home remedies that will allow you to get rid of dry skin on your feet now.
10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Feet
- Warm Water
You may not realize this yet but warm water can help make the feet more relaxed especially if you would do it in the evening. This will also help loosen dead skin cells that may cause the feet to become drier than usual.
- Fill a bucket or a basin with warm water.
- Place your feet inside the bucket or basin for about 20 minutes.
- You may want to use a scrub to remove the dead skin cells.
- Dry your feet properly afterwards.
- Put lotion to moisturize the feet.
If in case you would like to remove dead skin cells on your feet while you are taking a bath, you know that the use of the scrub can make this effective. You would need to scrub away the dead skin cells with warm, soapy water.
- Use liquid soap and wash your feet with it.
- Use a pumice stone to scrub away the dead skin cells.
- Rinse off your feet on running water and pat dry with soft towel.
- Paraffin Wax
Paraffin wax is known to be highly effective in getting rid of dead skin cells because it can lessen the effects of having dry and cracked feet. It will also make the skin softer than ever since it can retain the natural oils of the skin.
- Heat paraffin wax through your microwave or your pan.
- Add a hint of coconut oil on it.
- Apply the paste which may be a bit hot in the beginning but you will get used to it.
- Leave on the feet overnight.
- Wash off the wax on your feet in the morning.
This is one of the things that dermatologists may use before doing some treatments for the skin so it is not a surprise that this is also another thing that can be used on the feet in order to make the feet softer than ever.
- Mix glycerin with lemon juice.
- Apply directly on the feet.
- Leave on the feet for about 20 minutes before washing off with water.
- This would need to be done for a couple of weeks.
- Epsom Salt